Thursday, October 17, 2013

Science in the News. Is HIV a possible cure for cancer?


 In John Aravosis' article HIV is being used as a possible cure for cancer, he mentions an interesting experiment that could be a breakthrough in the attempt at curing cancer. The interesting thing about his article is that it mentions the intriguing experiments of Penn State researchers that used altered HIV cells to make progress towards finding a cure.


2 comments:

  1. This is a fascinating topic. The idea of using HIV to fight cancer is strange, so I'm curious as to how they came up with the idea in the first place. I wonder how much longer they will test it, and if there are any possible side effects or any other cells the "serial killer cells" would turn against?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so intriguing! Your topic immediate caught my eye! I like the use of the term "serial killer cells" when referencing the t-cells and te antigen working together to destroy any harmful cancer in the system.

    ReplyDelete